I Will Not

I will not be defined by my "stereotypical" gay voice

I will not be defined by my love

I will be defined by the actions I choose 

I will be defined by lives I want to change

I will not be defined by the way my governemnt views me

I wi not be defiened by a 60 some preacher on the pulpit screaming out words of bigotry

I will not be defined by the countless lives lossed in an uphill battle for eqaulity

I will not be deifned by the countless taunts and physical encounters I have encountered .

I will not be defined by anything less than what they have made me. 

I will be defined by my open arms and open ears for the struggling youth around me

I will be defined by my battle scars screaming out to the public that I have seen hell and I have overcome it, in all of its fire and brimstone

I will be defined by my loving heart that loves too much for any one person rather a country full of battered children

I will be defined by my careers and standing for social justice in this world and the difference I can make

I will be defined by my thick headed and stubborn attitude that will plow my way right to that Senate floor

I wll be defined not as a gay senator from a hick state, but as a force to be recconed with on capital hill.

I will not be defined by the hatred I see every single day or by the violence I hear on the news.

My generation will not be defined as the ones who sat back and watched the world burn as we blogged about every detail of our lives. 

We will be defined as the generation who connected

as the generation who loved

as the generation who tolerated

as the generation of peace. 

I will not be defined by your stereotypes for even one more day

I will be defined as me.