The influence of a Poem

The influence of a poem  For as long as I remember , this was the only way I was able to express how I felt .Because who would help a child that didn’t feel like she had a purpose in life ? I was like an animal who doesn’t know it’s being hunted . Because that how I felt everyday. The days became months and then became years after that . I need a way to be heard . A way my voice can project itself without having to actually yell what I felt . I grew up being as cold as ice . I shut myself out and became the monster I didn’t want to be . But I did .The monster who didn’t care how far she hurt everyone. All because she wanted to be alone . The only thing she wanted to be heard . That ache in her heart . It’s as if her world was crumbling down because she realized life wasn’t all pink and decorated with flowers like the stories she had listened to . She learned that people write how they feel and express their emotions in poems . She was inspired to write her own . The one with monster she felt she was . The one with her friend the Man in the Moon . The one where she felt like she didn’t have a place in a life where pain was all she knew .                   Writing this wasn’t easy for her . She still feels the pain everyday . As if it were a part of her . Just know that being able to write this was the only way she was able to express how she felt .