It Is Dance

32746

Like heroin, its rhythms captivate me. Rushing heavily into my veins, its essence drowns me. Pounding deeper and deeper in to my soul, it engraves permanence. My eyes close as I slouch into it. Do you feel it? Hallucinations shake me as an addict’s would, but they don’t corrupt. It’s a positive touch. Imagination runs wild like fire, because what I admire most is it. It is dance.
Sometimes I felt as if I never stood a chance, because emotions drove me in its path daily. It made me. Flickers of choreography flash while beats drop. Little touches of taps and snares draw away from shadows of overbearing vocals with every thought. I swear it will rock your world if you allow it. Let it in and grab it. Have it latch on faithfully. Every flap of its wings higher and higher into euphoria will pierce your soul. Watch it fall apart and fuse back together a new breed. A new mind. A new song out of an old melody. A gentle glide out of a smooth hum. Man, the strums break you free!
But why me? Why my destiny? Why must my heart ache with passion for a career others call “A Dream”. I can admit, sometimes I want to reconsider. Every once in a while, the reality of struggle comes to play; however, I don’t give in. I need to show you. My body aches to show you. To make you proud and understand. This is no phase or season but everlasting seasons; an infinite love. A love that I can’t help but to transform into a lifestyle. My lifestyle.
I’m aware that others may think my desire is just a dream. I’m aware that hardships will follow me throughout my pursuit and that not everyone will understand this love. Though my journey will be tough, I can’t help but to try. I deserve this.