For Jessie

Her face is almost imprinted in my mind like a melody. The image is just on repeat. I've never seen anything like that. Maybe it's who she is on the inside that radiates out. But her face shines with such a light I can't explain. A lot of people say they wish that who a person is on the inside would be their appearance. With her I can see it. She has this aura that the second I saw her smile reached out and transfixed me. It was unexpected and I don't think I realized it at first what was happening, but now I understand. Her smile is that one thing I can remember exactly from that night, and beautiful. She's really beautiful. I've said that simple word before but now it has an entire new meaning. Her aura brightened up the room, and when she smiled the world really did stop for a while.

Just a writer

I wrote this poem for my best friends sister on the night that she attempted suicide. I wrote it to show her that she has worth. I'd only met her for the first time the day before, yet her personality had clung to me, she's just that amazing and breathtaking, I wanted to write for her. If anyone is attempting suicide, I want you to realize that you make an impact even on people that you don't know well. You're an amazing individual, and you're worth it. You're precious and you're amazing