Knowledge is Power

When did life become this way? It seems as if my life has paused With no reason for a causeI see no incentive to go onMy goals as still as a pond I see no light in the dayNo flourish of creativityGiving me my right of wayNo serendipity Oh how I wish to know lessYet how I wished to progress How I wish to understand lessWhen my life became a tangled mess And so I live chained to this creedNever to be freed:With age comes knowledgeAnd knowledge, a pledgeTo embody responsibilityTo the best of your ability Yet they say it is a part of my journeyThat it is but the pretext to my revelryIf this is true, then I would set things rightRegardless of my plight I would take my contritionAnd turn it into many a notionBursting with creativityAll the more for productivity I would take my buried pride And create a life worth the rideWith this fresh, young lifeAnd create one worth the price  So that when the time comes,I will set myself freeWith this daring creed:With age comes knowledge,And knowledge,Power