Lie to me

BRONX

Lie to me 

Tell me all the things that you love 

I mean hate about me  Tell me how much you care You didn’t give a damn about me  You told me you loved me  Your truth sounds so foreign to me! These bruises tells stories you know  Like this one  When you told me it was a mistake and you will never do it again  Your kisses felt like acid on my skin  I cared about you  But apparently loving you Meant putting me in harms way  Truth be told I didn’t love you from the heart in the first place  I loved you from the fear pumping through my veins  Lie to me  like the many times I lied to myself when I saw your mask fall off  So let’s be honest  If you loved me  you would have never used my body as your canvas  Look at me your latest deformity  If you loved me  Your arms would have been my safety net  Your kisses would have been my daily dose of paradise  And when we are silent our silence speaks volume  We would have been the perfect melody  So if you loved me  I’m leaving so don’t follow me  Because I love me!                                       -Maryama Sillah