The Lie of Truth

Who is society to distinguish what is right and wrong? Is it size, weight, appearance, or personality that defines us? We judge, we look, we quickly decide within the first ten seconds who that person is. Without giving them a chance we decide who they are with just one glance. We are comfortable with familiar and afraid of the different. We quickly put up a wall that simply will not break whether that person in reality is just like you. We refuse to believe that what we thought was foreign was all to familiar. Friends are just simply boundaries that we do not wish to cross and enemies have just become the unknown. What is society anymore? Television, magazines, the people that we see everyday have grown to define who we are and who we should be. If one is not like the other they are shunned into a category. A category of the other. But we find that we have more in common with the other then we do with the norm. And if the norm has become the other then where is the line that separates. Why is it no longer black and white but gray. And who are they that stands on a pedestal deciding where you belong. There is no belonging there is just simply a we. We are all the same, we are all here, we all live, we all breath, and in the end what we believe is the truth is simply just a lie.