Life

Sun, 03/03/2013 - 10:23 -- Lomuse

I was the one who would be someone she was not, Who was afraid to talk back, Who was used to being stepped on, And now is figuring out a lot, More than I thought I would, I am no longer invisible, But others' malevolent thoughts, No longer affect me as they should Not anymore, I won't take it, From anyone who tried to change me, Because I am someone too, Can't you see it just a little bit? I did once, want to end my life, Because of the things I faced, It turns out that better things were to come, Better things other than strife. Look for the signs, It's there, you'll see, Of those who wish to end their life, But remember to be kind, But not to be fake, To be true to yourself, To believe in yourself, You have more to offer than others have to take. Do not pull the trigger, Life is so much bigger, Than that which we make it seem, Let yourself have some self-esteem, Because you are bigger than life, Because we all are bigger than life, So live it, And live it well with your heart.

savigirl14

This is amazing

Lomuse

Hi! Thanks so much! It's actually been a while since I've written poetry though I may start up again since you reminded me of it. Follow me on Medium. I think you may like those pieces too. Same username. :)