Listen Up!

Fri, 12/06/2013 - 20:15 -- Ltano12

It's your turn to listen to me now.

You complain everyday of how students don't pay attention. But, you don't even pay attention to me or anyone else. Half of you don't even know my name. Why should I listen to you? You see everyone as a peice of looseleaf  you can just crumble up and throw in the garbage. The pretentious lectures just make everyone want to fall asleep...

of a cliff. 

I have ideas and thoughts and objectives for things. But, if I'm gonna get judged for my opinions, why should I even include myself in class discussions. 

Teenagers always complain about the work teachers make them do. I'm okay with work. It's school. But put some flavor in your teaching. Put some spice in your life. It's okay to be exciting. Nobody wants to listen to an adult from Peanuts.

I just want you to hear me. I want my views to matter. My opinion on a book shouldn't be discarded to the recycling bin. It should be discussed. If the point is ever invalid, just say so. Just recognize that every student's thoughts matter. Even if all they think about is football, guys, or chess. Who cares? Just try to act interested with us, and we'll do the same for you.

So, listen up. We just might have something interesting to say.