Lost Connection.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

-Martin Luther King

“You’re too nice,” he said.

He accused me of ignoring the bad to stay in this dream world I had because I act like everything is perfect.

I’m not,

but he almost convinced me he was right.

But I realized the problem wasn't that I was ignoring the bad, but that he was ignoring the good. He was ignoring the good because he wanted to self pity himself, making friends, but never getting close to anyone.

That's the problem.

I have seen too many excuses, too many people who choose to continue to pity themselves everyday. Blaming others for the distance that they see between them and everyone else.

We have become so cynical because we have lost connection to each other.

We are so scared of each other, we forget to show love and encouragement.

We can barely look each other in the face.

There are people out there who think that no one cares and they have lost hope. And they think the only way to release this frustration is to shoot it out.

We need to remember that we’re all connected.  We need to show eachother love and understanding. I am not saying you have to like everyone, but be a decent person and try to understand others.

We isolate each other because in our heads we have the “biggest” problems and only we our suffering.

We have to remember to care for each other,

because even small problems can destroy someone. Even small comments can terrorize someone.

We affect each other in ways we may never understand.

We have the power to make those effects beautiful.

We complain and complain and complain about how messed up the world is, how much hate there is, how people can't be trusted, but we aren't willing to change ourselves.

We have such high standards for everyone else

but low standards for ourselves.

We are apart of this huge human family, and we all contribute something great.

Be a good person, be trustworthy, show your inner beauty.

I'm not saying be perfect, but if you are yourself and spreading good then you are perfect.

Learn to make mistakes, and accept that others make mistakes, too.

So in response to the cynical,

there is so much good in the world.

I see it everyday and in everyone.

Suck it up, move on and make the day brighter.

And if you can’t, ask for help.

There is so much love in the world you haven't experienced yet.