Love, Life and Flaws

Mon, 02/12/2018 - 13:59 -- Kalenza

Dear Love,

Let me inhale your exhale. When you first met me I was as sweet as they come.

I was loving, I was open,I was kind. But then I revealed my scars to you. I became a rabbit Pitbull with an electric fence around my heart.

I became so unpredictable and stubborn and unwanting. I switched from Cinderella to the evil step mother, from Dorthy to the wicked witch.

I began to mold myself and my heart to learn to live and grow without you, but you did not leave. I thought if I showed you my past and pain you would up and leave like the rest, you would stay around a little bit longer so you didn't feel bad for leaving me, but you stayed like a tick on a dog in Africa that just won't go away and won't let go.

I locked my feelings and heart up, pushed you away, showed my crazy, but you stayed. I asked God why are you the only person to come back over and over after I repeatedly have destroyed your purity and New foundation that you found within yourself.

I began to stare at you. Not because of your looks but because of your heart. I could feel your love flow from you to me. I could see that you wanted me forever and you'd risk it all to marry me.

I cannot continue to lie and say you complete me because you don't, God does and he's completed me by giving me you. For a while by far I was not deserving of you. I was afraid to really fully and truly love.

I wanted that to die for love , the fairy tale fantasy love, but I've snapped into reality. You and I don't love to be perfect, you and I don't love to be like others love, you and I love to love.

No you are not the man of my dreams because he was too perfect. No perfect man exist in this world. You are the man that God has given me that will supply all of my wants and needs accordingly. You have taught me how to love, you have taught me how to love unconditionally, but my love has conditions now.

Your love is like Mount Everest and I'm hiking to the peak of you. Once I got there I fell, I fell off the cliff of you and fell in love with you. Your love began to be like an everlasting fire I couldn't get away from it was burning me and my past of pain.

But I loved pain. I could rely on pain. Pain has been more faithful to me than anyone else could ever be, but you took pain away from me. You ignited the fire of love inside of you and burnt me dead.

I reincarnated to a loving girlfriend who would risk it all. God said if we ask we shall receive so I ask and pray that I will continue to love you the way you need to be loved.

I ask that I can withhold the aims and responsibilities of being your girlfriend. No I am not promising beautiful forevers and love like we're Jasmine and Aladdin. We're Kalenza and Love.

I won't promise you a thing but honesty, faithfulness, loyalty, and my heart. This year has been a year I would not change if the Genie have me three wishes. I'm still learning to love you.

I'm going to fall short and get on your nerves and you're going to do the same to me, but that does not mean I will stray away from you, I will not leave you, I can only pray and ask God to better me and you.

When we're married I will be able to say we, but as of now. I love what you and I have become. Love, I have fallen for you and you picked me up. Despite all of my flaws, you love me and I couldn't ask for anything more. 

Love, Kalenza