The Me of This Year's Today

Today, I woke up.Yesterday, I ate toast.The Day Before That, I rode my bike.I don't know. The change between Today and Yesterday and the Day Before That are difficult to see.But if you asked me the difference between this year and the last? Well I'd say the difference is Me.  Me, on a year ago's Day Before That, rode my bike outside to get away from another one of my Father's politics talks.But the Me on this year's Day Before That rode my bike home from school as fast as I could so that I would learn something new from him. Me, on a year ago's Yesterday, ate toast in the kitchen,begging my mother to turn off the 'boring news'.But the Me on this year's Yesterday ate toast while watching the news that was not so 'boring' anymore. Me, on a year ago's Today, woke up in the morning without paying much attention to politics. But the Me on this year's today woke up ready to make a change. Many riots fill cities at night, protesting the newly elected. But it should not be so. Whether voted for or against, the people still hold tremendous power to make a difference. A problem in this society is that most do not hold the political knowledge or desire to learn about the powers invested in the American. But Tue fact of the matter is, no matter who is in office, We the People still have a say. People riot because the president elected is not the one that would do their work for them. Now they must do it themselves. Now We of this year and the future years to come must do it ourselves. In one short year, Me has changed.In another short year, Me and many others like myself, will change America.