Mirror Me

92804

Don’t fight your fears

Let your fears fight you

Stay true, no matter what you do

Stay true, no matter what you do

Stay true, no matter what you do

That’s what I heard, walking down my street face tucked in the curb. I didn’t learn, early in life that it was filled with strife. I didn’t know, I’d watch so many people come and go. I didn’t try, and was almost left behind. I couldn’t cry, because the oceans behind my eyes for years had been dry. And now I’m here, feeling stronger than John Deer having conquered all my fears. Cheers! To the past for what it was, for what I learned without having ever shedded blood because for some families it’s a must. If the guns didn’t burst and shoot for loot, where would we be today without terrorists and troops? I haven’t yet figured out the difference between terrorist training compounds and boot camp for new recruits and when the time comes to choose I hope you pick the truth, forget the news, and invest in a pair of lenses that are new. Flashback to the times before your prejudices grew and grow conscious of the way you treat the world because it will mirror you!

Don’t fight your fears

Let your fears fight you

Stay true, no matter what you do

Stay true, no matter what you do

Stay true, no matter what you do

Nafs only offers stress so we must discipline ourselves; buried under earth we’ll have plenty of time to rest. Whether our souls are tormented or caressed depends on if we tell the truth. Lasso your tongue and squeeze it like a noose because today everything is tight and our deens are too loose. Reap what you sew; use silver and gold; move mountains with your soul; learn to smile from the young and practice patience like the old.

Look into the mirror…

See your reflection?

It’s the deepest form of deception. Don’t accept your flaws, their weakness is correction! If you want to find the truth, study your reflection in valleys without reception!

Don’t fight your fears

Let your fears fight you

Stay true, no matter what you do

Stay true, no matter what you do

Stay true, no matter what you do