A Mother's Love

Because I love you. 

The moment you were introduced to this world, your mother held you in her arms. 

She wraps you in a warm blanket and puts a big smile on her face.

She strokes your cheek as she whispers, "You know I will always love you." 

At the age when you could walk and talk, when you could get into mischief. 

The time when you tracked mud all over the house from playing in the rain. 

"Mommy, I'm sorry." 

She gets to your eye level and gently puts her hands on your arms and says, 

"It's because I love you, I'll never get mad at you." 

By the time you reach your pre-teen self as you run home from school in tears from the girls who bullied you constantly. 

Your mother would pull you in close and tell you that they mean nothing to you and you are beautiful just the way you are. 

As, you reach your teenage years as you met a boy who seemed nice and was always shy talking to you. You go on your first date as he takes advantage of you. 

You get away fast and come home to see your mother waiting for you. 

"It's because I love you that I won't be disappointed in you. You are still my daughter." 

When you walk across the stage at your graduation as you shook the President's hand as you're handed your degree. 

Your mom stands up and claps her loudest as she runs to the stage and hugs you. 

When you're walking down the aisle, as your mother whispers "Because I love, I'm so so proud of you." 

As you give birth to your first child, as the new-born opens its eyes for the first time, I say "It's because I love you, no matter what comes about I will always love you.