Mr. Dream Man

Dear Mr. Dream man,   Why so far do you stray? When I have asked you to come. Nothing goes as planned, sadly. What can I do without you if you stay over there?   Across that line, that border,  That Islet you decide to stay on. I’m afraid of water I cannot swim. Why do you mock me drinking the juice of paradise?   We worked so hard to get where we are, Yet it seems we only have taken a step. Out of the thousands we need to take To make it where you stand.   Life is hard it’s justified. True, it is. Harsh. But you can make it easier, If you could just come and find me.   Or do I have to look for you? But you're like that one sock. It’s there but untraceable. Lost in the big washer of the world.   Are you even in this world? Let alone from this universe? Thinking too much will cause my brain to shake. So can I just see you once for the answers I need?  Would I have to leave the world to find you? Questions. There are too many. For me to ask you see. Why am I here, Mr. Dream Man?   Maybe just to write this poem. Or just ‘here’ like a filler chapter in a really good book. I like you, Mr. Dream Man, Your silence is fulfilling.   It gives me something to strive for. To hear your voice, see your face. I truly love you, Mr. Dream Man. Maybe we can talk again another time.