My Daily Apparition

In the flesh, you're the girl

I once knew: a phantom before my eyes,

independently beautiful. 

No matter how hard I try

I can't catch your interest- 

I blew it, I'm through.

You're the apparition

I cannot shake from my mind. 

Why do I still care?

My days of loving you are over- 

I blew it, I'm through 

and now completely denied. 

I long for any contact: a hello, smile, or even a glare. 

Give me a sign. 

Another piece of me dies

each time you act as if I don't exist: 

nothing but a blank stare. 

Everonfire

First off, I enjoyed your poem!

At the moment, I am to someone the way that girl is to you. The simple thing is that he is a nice guy, but that I'm not interested in him, am bored by the things he says and don't wish to try to tell him why I don't want to talk to him.... How am I,  is she-this girl, supposed to communicate this without risking hurting you more?

thanks

and I again, I thank for the poem and sharing your feelings

andreasthered

That makes a lot of sense- and definetely a possibility for me. It's just a complicated situation- and unnerving for both people, you know? Especially when each person is at a different stage in the whole break-up process. 

The person I'm writing this about (and you) don't need to explain yourself to anyone. Remember that.

The fact that I still care means that I lost someone important enough to be pained over. She's my ghost (as you are to him), and I see this radiant apparition every day...I never knew what I had until it was gone. 

But I wish her the best, and genuinely hope that she has a happy life. She's a great person- and I'm sure you are too- so keep shining and being you!

Thanks for taking the time to comment/ share your experiences, it really means a lot:)