My First Love

60617

You see, my mind wanders into so many places and there are so many faces and places that I have so much to say about. The thought of my dreams, ideas, and master plans just being strategically written down on this pad of mine...just …does something to me. It makes me feel like I’m the woman with the plan and I can do anything that I put my mind to. Life written down, which you all see as “poetry” takes me back to my childhood, when I had these big dreams and all of these goals that I wanted to fulfill and accomplish by a certain point in my life.
As I sit in my bed and write this written life, I always ask myself “what happened?” What happened to you dreaming big and being a go-getter to the max and believing that you can do so much more than you could imagine? What happened to you not being dragged down whenever someone doubted your dreams and told you to lower your standards in what you wanted out of life?
Poetry strengthened me as a person. It boosts my self esteem and gives me a peace of mind. When I have no one to share my deepest fears with; when I have no one to tell my deepest secrets to; when I have no one to share my life plan with; poetry was the one to listen in a judgment-free zone. With poetry, you get more of an engaging conversation than you would from a telephone. With poetry, I could be myself around him. He listens to me. He pays me so much more attention than anyone else in my life does.
Whenever I talk to my best friend, Journal, about Poetry, I feel at ease with myself. The thought of Poetry just sends chills up my spine and just makes me feel like I am the only person that matters in this world. Poetry and I were lovers at first sight since I was 11 years old. The bond that we have is indescribable and whenever we are engaging in one another, I’m memorized. We made a promise to keep this bond till death does us part. Poetry is my first love and I wouldn’t know what to do if I didn’t have him in my life. -A.H.

ahegewald

A piece of me