My parents made a decison

Tue, 07/02/2013 - 02:03 -- lsan45

My parents made a decison long ago to pick up our bags leave cuba and go to the states because they believed that I would have a better future here. I never told them this but sometimes I regret the fact that I was brought here to this SOULess crap...of a country. Yea Cuba isnt the best place in the world but thats where I have my granpa and grandma cousins and aunties and suprisingly tastey  chocolate ice cream..yum. Why is it that I think about this now after so many years well I noticed that when I go home I'm lonely. You see I dont have the comfort of a grandpa telling me how thing were back in the day or a grandma threating my father that if he hit me he was going to pay..with his life. I hate that 2 of my grandparents died...one with alzheimer's and the other one was because it was his time. My parents told me that before they left cuba my grandparents told them YOU HAVE TO GO its your child's future. I always wish I had more time with my family....see I left when I was only 4 and I wanted to go home and soon as we landed till my mom told me we were staying in the states for good so start unpacking. My only memory of my grandma was when she told me to visit her soon, when i finally went to visit cuba she said that she had no idea who I was she didnt remember me like a blade into the heart those words killed me. I remember talking to my grandpa about music, art ,medicine and his life I was so facinated by him I gave him a big hug before we departed and that was the last time I ever saw him. I'm lucky to have my health to have parents that love eachother and love me even greater but its always in the back of my mind life without family is like a bird that cant fly..