My Rose-Colored Lover

Sat, 11/18/2017 - 02:44 -- gefens

Dear Rose,

It's been two weeks since we've brought our beautiful journey to an end, and my insides are still in disagreement with us, I yearn for your touch like I yearn for your taste way too much. My gut, the one that led me to you, is the gut that's fighting my mind on our decision, I know it's not the right time for us but my love for you cannot be caged. This brings my fragile heart an abundance of rage, when I see you through the lens of your iPhone the distance feels obsolete but the world feels like a Shakespearean stage. Romeo & Juliet once again, every time I find love must it be forbidden? Shall I consider myself related to Eve? You're the apple that was so out of reach to begin with but I pursued with my gut as I let my morality become stiff. I love you. I want to tell you everyday because here we are letting our connection run astray, and it's unbearable because here I am again another night with my sanity clear of sight as I unravel my demons & forget this decision was right. I know you need time to find yourself and I'm coming to terms with it, I only wish I could be yours as you piece yourself together bit by bit.

Yours truly,

Gefen