No Escape

You first introduced yourself when I thought I lost everything. You told me I didn't need them, that they were holding me back. Now, it's you holding me back. 

You fed me lies until I trusted you. Then, you struck. At first, I felt nothing. Then, as reality settled in, so did the pain. 

You became my constant companion. Everywhere I went, you went with me. Everywhere I looked, I saw you. Your the first thing I think of when I wake up, and the last thing I think of before I go to bed.

You surround me with your presence, yet never letting others know you're there. You will never let me be free. You hold onto me as if I give you life. Like everything I do gives you strength. 

I tell you to leave, but you stay. I tell you to stop, yet you keep on going. Everything in me wants you to leave but I don't know how to make you. 

Though you are silent, I feel your every jab. You fold everything around me in darkness. 

You pull me deeper and deeper into a pit of helplessness and desperation. The only thing left to do, is fight.