For Now, We'll Catch Fire

We ask ourselves, why do we still continue?Why do we still rage this pointless fight?Where is the freedom and love and happiness in this microscopic light?The answer was never in the books we read, the words of our neighbors, but in the hearts and back of our minds. Where our lost causes foam, the voices we rejected roam, the keys to these questions stoned. We keep going because we know we must. It’s the rage and pain that keeps us going. It’s the love we reach so desperately for in the path unknowing. Although the daggers stab at our organs and internal wounds, we cannot be broken. We bash and shudder and cast away the words that were spoken.Why do we follow these sorrows if we must?Why is it that we must?Why is it that they call us so astoundingly with lust?The one’s who love the most, shed the most light, hurt the worst, and bring the most twilight. It is with this that leads to a happy a life. Others around you may falter and weaken to the monsters in the shadows and dissipate into darkness. You stand alone but fight for something that you know is there in harsh fists. We beat through the thorns and shattered corpses. At the end of the path, you will fall, but you rise and awaken passed the courses. The winding roads that cracked with each step but we held up with broken knees. Now, at the end, we made it, we’ve reached a darkness of ease.Why do we ask why?Reasons in which one will never truly know. For now, we’ll catch fire with no burns to show.