The Ocean of Thought

An ocean of thought sweeps across Earth and consumes the people of a nation like a tidal wave,

Swallowing whole their entirety and leaving them soaked with a treasure trove of worry.

The tidal wave swells larger with each person it strikes dead with shivering fear and anxiety,

It burns us with the intensity of fire and leaves us with charred skin and frostbitten ideas.

The ocean grows and so too do the wounds it inflicts upon our brothers, sisters, and ourselves,

The people are left scattered and distant but never have they had more reason to come together.

Never had we thought that such cataclysmic catastrophes were possible or that they'd happen to us,

How ironic it is that this unnatural disaster was brought upon us by none other than ourselves.

"This calls for change, this calls for hope,  this calls for revolution!" They cry from the rooftops,

Their streets flooded and in ruins from the waters that broke through their levies and dams.

But we see no change, we see no hope, and there is no revolution.  Our cries are unheard,

Drowned by the ocean of thought that sweeps across the world and consumes our people,

The tidal wave that never stops, never slows, and never halters.  Its momentum is vast and deadly.

This is our doing, our burden, our responsibility.  We owe it to ourselves and our children,

It's our duty to stop the waves that crash upon our doorsteps, that quiet our voices and sap our strength.

We do not need a levy.

We do not need a dam.

We need change,

We need hope.

What we need,

Is a revolution.