Ok.

Dear Society,

Yes. I am ok. Are you? We all have these lines memorized for the play we call life. It's what we are conditioned to say if someone asks the dreadded question. Are you ok? We are conditioned to lie. Are you ok? No! I feel as if my heart is being ripped from my body! The heart strings being cut one by one by the fate sisters of myth. Are you ok? No! I'm struggling to fit in and find where I belong, but it looks to be no where. Are you ok? No! I can't stop doubting myself and telling myself that I can't, when I know I can.  Are you ok?  No! People think they know me better than I know myself, but they don't. Stop telling me who I am! Are you ok? No! My built up anxiety is a shark attack just looming in the distance. The blood from my wounds attrack more killers by the second. Are you ok? No! I need help! Please don't let me fall! Are you ok? No! I say I'm ok, but I am not ok! What you don't realize is the only 'ok' I can possibly pinpoint, is the 'ok' buried in the word B-R-O-K-E-N Broken!  Depression isn't a gorgeous model with running, smudgy make up. It's burning eyes at four in the morning, that just can't seem to close. Because, you know if you do, you have to wake up.  Look deeper than our faces! There is so much more to see! But society doesn't want to hear that side. Society doesn't want the real story. So yes. We are perfectly fine. Are you ok? Yes. I am ok. Are you?   -The Real Story