One Path United

In a world of a thousand different faces representing a thousand different races, you’d think that we’d never have to be alone. To learn each other’s culture, dance the same dance, to embrace each other’s culture as if it were all our own. But is it not accidental that what we call sentimental, our disposition as to who’s who and what’s what, is called our “race?” Giving the impression that living were a competition, our intuition to conquer, and to conquer is to conform.

Society is bringing this methodology of thinking where bigotry will never cease to exist. The human mind is hardwired to make comparisons, judgements, to prioritize the majority, to inferiorize a minority, to categorize people into schemas, a list: the yellows, the browns, and the blacks, the shorts and the fats, the gays and the poors, the dumbs and the dorks as if people were just data – quantifiable, not qualitative. But this is a corrupted system – segregating people by the very thing that brings them together; rationality. But listen to me, because I want to think differently. Here’s my mindset.

Here’s a mindset where acceptance comes before names are introduced, where truce comes without dispute, and people sing the same song in harmony. Beneath the preconceived notions of an opaque exterior, is there not a person capable of emotions? laughter? Tears? And were it not for the different lifestyles that they lead and the ideals that they share, would it be transparent to see that we look up to the same sky? And breath the same air? And through the circumstantial hardships and trials of the rest, would we not see the light in their eyes and hear the human heart beat beneath their chest?

So here’s to abstract logic, though it may be ironic, but by accepting diversity, we are accepting unity. Because it doesn’t matter what you look like and from wherever you came, if you accept me the way I accept you, then we are one of the same.

Grant-Grey Porter Hawk Guda

Powerfully expressed! Truly powerful! Keep sharing keep sharing! The world needs your expression! Keep sharing your life your mind your heart!