Our Colors Matter

Thu, 03/17/2016 - 21:58 -- KJanae

The quiet sound of the sunrise,Wind blowing softly,The walls feeling the cold chill in the air. The sound of people waking up in the morning,Feet moving swiftly outside,The feeling of the brittle cold beat against the human body.---Do you hear the sounds of screaming?Can you see the skin that's shedding?So you smell the burning fragrance?Can you feel the pain and suffering? Have you seen your children lately?Do you like the life you're living?Have you gone outside of these cold brick walls?Do you have a humane backbone?---The excitement of waking up in the morning,Birds chirping in the air,The idea of knowing that you're safe,It doesn't matter where. No more problems in society,No more seeing all their faces.No  more second guessing about the people you know,and if you could truly trust them.---Do you know where you came from?Can you walk safely outside?Do you see the threatening barbwire?Can you feel the emptiness and despair? Have you dealt with subjugation?Do you know someone who has?Have you changed the clothes that's on your back?Do you know that people care?---I have never had to deal with this,It is something I have never known.My only history with this subject,Is from inside the tall grey walls. It's a shame that people act this way,I feel for those who've gone through it.It shouldn't matter what you look like,We all deserve the justice.