Own The Moment

Own the moment, an interesting phrase. Is it a command, advice, or perhaps a way of life. As time drips through our fingers in dew-drops and tears, as we skid around corners while masking our fears, we are told to find moments in the midst of our time. But is this a moment? and is it mine?

Seconds are flying as the moments tick by, but seconds come second to moments in time, we rely on the moments, the space between nothing, when nothing ceases to be nothing and becomes a moment. But is this our moment? and perhaps the moments we do nothing end up mattering the most. When we see a moment and we disown it, casting it back into the void of nothing. The void we now cannot forget. So we must see the moment, we must know it. But what is a moment?And when is it mine?

The moment is now, before now is now old, and now will be old as it goes, yet we throw away moments when we need them the most, 'Just a moment' we say, when we want time to slow. 'I need a moment', as we get ready to go. But these are not moments, these are sections of time, so long in their breif existence. A smile, a silence, a sign, these are the moments, but are they mine? 

Pressure from all sides, don't waste this one chance at these moments called life, keep going for soon your youth will be past, work now, not tomorrow, make memories last. Don't let life slip by, act now, don't wait, think it through, don't you DARE make a mistake. Oh you did? move on, you know it's too late, keep going, keep moving, put on a good face. Your blessed in your life, so make sure you give thanks. DO the best that you can and do everything right, work now not later, it's your one shot at life,

but wait.

As important as work is, you need to pause. FInd joy in the serious times, as you go, remember to stop. For this is your life, and it is your one shot, but your life relies on the moments, it hinges on the moments. The moment you know it will all be all right, the bright light in the soul of a friend. The moment you realize your road is not ending, just bending, and you go on again. The moment in a laugh, in an inside joke. Moments in life we never forget. These are the moments we never regret.

So breathe

Let the seconds come second to moments

The space between nothings are moments

And now is a moment, so own it

Say

"This is a moment, and it is mine."