Perseverance

Locations

90275
90275

At the starting of the week Things seem a little bit bleak My parents are upset Over something pitifully unnecessary I bet I’m near dead tired I pray for the next “holiday”, even that I get fired Not that it would make much of a difference If you were me you might not be as persistent To succeed that is Why? Why should I even try? Why should I keep typing? To get an A? Then what? Register for more classes that I can’t afford to pay? I hear a whispering overhead Am I still alive or am I dead? It’s beginning to become difficult to differentiate the two, not exactly sure of what to do My conscious; it speaks to me It tells me soon that I will see, "Karma is real and always comes around, Life pays dividends when your work is sound" Credibility, mental stability, creativity These alongside innovation Make for beautiful melody when in harmony with inspiration Motivation must be forged by the self; it cannot be built upon the negativity and opposition of opponents No one can motivate you but you; Be your own hero, you will be surprised by what pure will can truly do Trust no one, because no one trusts you, ignore prejudice labels Perseverance takes heart and produces warriors, seekers of truth, that's why we spit out the Kool-Aid and drop the ladle Why do I write? Good question, here’s my answer: I write because I want to, not because I need to There are other ways to express my opinions However what better way to leave my mark Than spelling out the reasons I write to help pay for my tuition I’m  finished with small talk, subtleties, and proper manners I’m simply finished with propaganda, but will continue using proper grammar I’m tired of the fake, the phony, pretending to be polite; I only wish to point out what I’m after, at least I’m honest, and I think that’s right Freedom and expression are what I’m about; I’m only advocating what is American (hell yeah!) Why do I write you ask? What is my thesis? Well, scroll up and read my poem again.