The Point

There once was a man, Very wise and old, He said not to listen to lies, For they burn.. And yet are cold He said, do not hurt your friend or your foe. For someone's heart, no one is able to sow, He said, yes, life is short. Live it to it's extent, And journey into the world to your content! Yes, he said to me, Explore the wonders of the sea. Study in detail each and every tree! Listen to music, day by day. Hear it's notes play and play! Life is but a breeze. So let your wind be felt! You must play the hand that you are dealt! There was once a man, A man that seemed foolish and mad. But he said to me, A storm makes a tree take deeper into the ground, It makes it's build much more sound! He said! And I remember, he gladly pronounced! That love is just a walk around the corner. That happiness is a choice! That joy is in each of our hearts. And not all of us will play our parts, But we choose how we react to the game of life! We choose whether that fight is bigger than the possibility of a wife! There once was a man, Of whom I now know to be a close friend, Of whom I know our bond will not end. He still whispers in my ear, He still knows I understand and hear. You know what he says? "Even though you seem invincible,  The end is always near. But you simply cannot be in fear. Even though you're frowning today. Even when your heart is feeling total dismay, Know that yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,  Today is a gift.  And that is why they call it the present. So do something better with your sunrise then wallow and try to cope, But find someone who knows not of hope, And help them see all there is in life. Let them find all of happiness's might. There once was a man. Who I had found had gone, And left me in this world, Where I raged and my past unfurled, A frenzy of grief and hate. Towards the poor old man who had been late. "WHY LEAVE ME ALONE!" I screamed and screamed! Fate must hate me, I finally deemed.  Then came my tears and my sorrow,Then came his words of today and tomorrow, I remembered what he had said. And how he had helped, how he had led, I remembered of all those years he spent to give me his wisdom and song, Forever I knew him, it seemed too long. I remembered his words of today's gift that is the present, And how you can make a change whether rich, a king or a peasant,  So there was once a boy, Very foolish and young, And the old man's song, to him I sung. I told him the words he once said to me, I said, listen, and you shall see, "Even though you seem invincible,  The end is always near. But you simply cannot be in fear. Even though you're frowning today. Even when your heart is feeling total dismay, Know that yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,  Today is a gift. And that is why they call it the present. So do something better with your sunrise then wallow and try to cope, But find someone who knows not of hope, And help them see all there is to the light. Let them find all of happiness's might." What is life but a sheet of paper, waiting for us to write upon it our notes and song, Waiting for us to play for long, So sing! Sing away! Sing! Sing and play. Make a difference! Every moment-- every day.