prison room

Alone in my room I sit. Despite the lights being off and the moon being the only source of illumination between me and my bed still I can not shake the ever enclosing glimpse of an even darker source of darkness slowly creeping, crawling, slithering it's way into my line of sight. 

Alone in my room I sit. Listening to the crickets and car horns sing their melodies of the night curled on the bed softly humming to myself a melody of a blissful night where I too can sing to the night time moon wipping away the trickles of liquid that falls from each cheek.

Alone in my room I sit. Thinking to myself of how did I end up in this predicament once again. All alone with only my incessant thoughts whispering of every single word that was spoken replaying each and every single moment. No matter how much I try to scream and shout for it to stop nothing but air puffs out as my inflamed throat tries with all it's might to get even a whisper out, but still. nothing.

Alone in my room I sit. Who knows how long it has been. Days. Weeks. Months, perhaps? People say that I look like I radiate the absolute essance of happiness, but no matter what I know that I can never say away from my home. my place. my prison where "The Lonely" rocks me to sleep. The darkness encapsulates my sight. The moon gleam is my best friend. And my soul is clawing for a way out.