Red Skies

92083

The red glow of the sun beat heavily on the barren sky. Cloud might have blocked it from view but the glow of its aura could be seen faintly in the sky, as heat manifested the air. Thick with humidity, the moisture could fill the lungs of anything that would walk the surface in need of oxygen. Life didn’t exist in this wasteland ever since the turning of the Red Star. The sky was stood out as a bright sun once shinned a glorious orange. The lakes, now dry ones shimmered reflections of the beautiful sky. Water that once stood still in the lakes brought new life around it. The green leaves that once covered the tall trees now littering the flood in a dust brown dry and withered. The plains now were running a mixture of yellow and red from being caught on fire from the unwelcomed heat. The planet which once held life now was as empty as the houses were people once lived. Homes eroded in a short year from the rot of the world. What should have taken numerous decades happened in the shorted time. The natural order of things, taken over by the forces of uncontrolled Mother Nature. She in her might saw the world in the corruption and when she told the gods the corruption of her gift they raged war on this world. Yet, they agreed that if the will of those living is strong they will leave a small part untouched. In this part the skies broke over the red sky could be seen. The small handful that could still see every night could see the flow of green light in aurora borealis. It mixed into the faint red glow and left hope in the hearts of the strong.