How to run away from your life:
1. put on music to drown out your thoughts
2. scroll through youtube and instagram to see what you've missed
in the twenty mintues you actually managed to stay focused
3. look up online books to read to feel better about your non-existent love life
and great best friends.
4. read obsessively- hiding from all your family pretending you're doing homework
and going to sleep "early"
when you're actually staying up till 2 am to finish it.
was it actually THAT GOOD?
or could you just not put it down until it was done so you'd feel like
you actually did something?
5. eat whenever you get stressed
you'll feel so much better when you're full, I promise...
especially when you're staring at the empty ice cream carton and brownie crumbs
sprinkled on the counter.
6. purposely miss your prayers to add to your self-inflicted guilt
knowing you're only hurting yourself.
7. pity yourself and everything you wish you could have-
a pretty face
a put together life
a best friend
a healthy body
meaning in your life
to love yourself
pride in what you do... enjoyment.
what does that mean anymore?
the world's biggest understatement.
stay... and own your flaws.
look in the mirror and acknowledge all of your missed opportunities.
then move on.
be better than yesterday.
than even two minutes ago.
take a deep breath and relish it knowing you might not have many more.
but... you can't do that unless you stop running
so slow down and walk.