School

Waking up, as pain radiates through out my body. How much pain will I endure today? Walking to class with my head down, arms wrapped around my binder holding my pain inside. Nothing has happened yet. What pain lays ahead of me? Sure enough, I feel the familiar hand of my bully come across the back of my head. I keep my head down and fade away as the vicious attack goes on.When it's over I gather my things and continue to my destination. Throughout the day I am slapped, kicked, and punched. When I get home I escape to my room and cry. All the pain and hurt pour out. Why me? What did I do to deserve this? I am safe for the next two days. From physical pain at least. I head to my dads knowing the emotional pain will continue. Sure enough two feet into the house it begins. I fade little by little with each insult I receive. I go over what I'm going to Tell my teachers this week. I'm running out of excuses. I don't know how much more pain I can bare. My parents don't know. Each day I fall deeper and deeper into my depression. Step by step closer to the edge of the cliff. Can I keep myself from falling over the edge? Or should I just let go to escape the pain?

thisispoetryproject

You are not alone Cierra. There are a ton of people who struggle with bullying. It is truly an epidemic-- a disease that needs to find a cure. The only antidote, however, is you. Your strength will ultimately decide your own fate along with those who do not believe in your ability to overcome their torment.

You must change your perspective! Look how far you have come under the circumstances of your life! Success is not measured as a place of arrival, but the journey and hardships we have faced in our journeys to arrive at where we are today.

You have a powerful soul.