Scream

27408

Psst. Can I tell you a secret? I want…to scream. No. You want to know a better secret? I know that you do too. A scream is a tiny little monster, or more, Seeping and crawling out from our throats. Released finally from clenching our guts From telling any need-to-be-known-secrets Of jealousy, And fear. When one goes “hey, she’s cool,” The monsters kick! And you reply “she’s okay” or “eh, not really.” When one goes “ugh, you’re weird” or “Wow, he’s strange.” PUNCH! You can’t even let out how much you want to say how Beautiful and lovely weirdness can be. What is the point of our existence If all we do is shun without knowing it? Or hide without realizing it? It eventually becomes depressing, doesn’t it? Acceptance and confidence Are the keys to joy. Joy is fine wine, Getting wiser and tastier with age. Not a current, Temporary, Crisp, buzz of cheap beer! Don’t ruin your chances with Joy. And don’t let others ruin them either. Let your fire burn. Scare those monsters away! Burn and burn with a joy Like a flame bearing dragon! When cloned ostensibly brave knights in shining armor Try to stop you, Call you nothing, Try to end you for being different, BLOW the demons and flames from your body And SCREAM: “DAMN YOU! I, DON’T, GIVE, A, DAMN!!!!” …Because aren’t we all sick of the pretending, fairytale Knights?