Senses Ignite

Listen to the lyrics written in my bloodstream and let your fingers dance up my forearms to their song.

Feel the electricity sting your fingertips as my pulse vibrates through my wrist.

Trace my spinal cord like a mountain range bordering maps of our adventures.

Make love where earth and sun kiss at twilight while we caress the stars in summer night skies.

Starvation fuels me when I kiss you and I can’t help but feel malnourished as I binge on your smile.

Please waste your birthday candles and shooting stars on prayers for us to throw away utter devotion just to watch it crawl back in desperation.

Watch my hands scrape against my rib cage to display hieroglyphics of your careless scribbles etched in my bones.

Puncture my lungs and dig through tissue to find your laughter has replaced oxygen then nestle in my vocal chords so you can fall asleep to your name pouring out of my lips.

I’ll hoard your kisses in the bow of my lips and only lose myself in them on rainy nights when I need the kiss of freedom.

I drink in your irises so my bones are painted glacier grey, not afraid of poisoning my nervous system with your intoxicating smile.

I want to show you love that leaves nightmares tattooed on frontal lobes and magnificent nirvanas braided in your hair.

I will make the world stand still when you feel time is moving too fast and climb the asteroid belt to string you a necklace of planets and milky ways.

Become possessed by my soul by devouring my heart like a piece of infatuated chocolate.

I refuse to stop reading this fairy tale of ours because you should never let a beautiful plot be forgotten.

Listen to this love-struck poet when I say I will treat you like a goddess walking in an angel’s body.

I will be in love with you like it’s the only love story I will ever get to know.