Seperation of Family

When I was young life was carefree I was drifting down the river of life just enjoying the breeze more importantly my family was whole I didn't think anything  could go wrong but life is cruel sometimes and it knocks you down when you least expect it. I saw signs of the coming storm but I did not want to believe it was true. Before I knew it my parents marriage was in ruins. The next 5 years were some of the hardest of my life. I knew not where to turn for I was caught between two worlds that of my mother and my father. It was as if I was in the middle of a war and both sides wanted me to fight for them. This weighed heavily on my mind dragging me down to the depths of despair. This storm of hostile emotions and cruel words raged on for what seemed like a much greater sum than 5 years. It was hard but eventually my boat hit the wall and i ventured out into a new world finally leaving behind that awful storm. It's true I was shaken and disoriented but I was a better man afterwords I knew there would be future storms maybe worse than before but either way I would be ready for i had gone through the fires of adversity and come out stronger than ever  it turns out this separation of family was a necessary event. Now I can truly rest easy on the great river of life