Simple truths

94565

What makes the word of a man ring true? Is it the deepness of his voice, that reverberates through his abdomen and is thrown to the world through the guise of a word? Is it the confidence that stamps itself onto your memory as a declaration made real? No, being a man is stacking responsibilities with as much finesse as possible, turning each and every duty into a past success. Purposefully making your word one of integrity, elevated to the highest degree. Protecting the harbor that is your mind for return whenever reality, or "life," chooses to push back, or lead you off of a ravine cliff...flailing into a darkness so thick you can nearly taste it...perceiving a doom that hasn't yet come near, but seems inevitable. A doom called failure. Living in the presence of unrequited duty for your entire life, unable to recall the strength of your youth because the temptation of jumping off that cliff to experience the exhilaration that danger presents was too strong and you weren't grounded enough to steer clear of your irrational fear, of peace. Bliss has gotten you to believe that it wasn't your mind that allowed you to take your first step. That your soul isn't what allows you to hold fast to the life you live. Foolish...a man endures, and repays the remarkable talents of his mind with hard work, and dignity