Sister

Sister, I see the world you will grow up in/ I see the world I'm surviving in/ And I see the slow spiral down/ Sister, I see the wars and the strife/ I see the chemicals filling the lungs/ Of mothers who won't live to see unborn children/ Sister, I see the bullheaded politicians/ They're unwilling to bend and impossible to change/ And I see that diplomacy died with chivalry/ Sister, I see the solutions and opportunities/ I see how to make a better world for you/ So you don't have to live in this world/ Sister, I see how I can help it/ Sister, I can see the changes I can make/ Sister, I will clean the rivers so you aren't drinking poison/ Sister, I will grow the trees so you can breathe/ Sister, I will join hands with people who are different/ And sister, I will bridge differences for you/ Sister, I will put words in mouths so change will come/ Sister, I will write our new future/ Sister, I will don a suit and go forth into the world/ Sister, I will lead people with my ideals/ Sister, I will teach the politicians and lobbyists and warmongers and dictators and careless human beings/ Sister, I will teach you how to live better/ Sister, look to the history books and the law books and the rule books/ And you will see my name/ And sister, if I write about what changes I bring/ Sister, I will dedicate those books to:/ Little sister, ten years younger, I will make the world better/ Little sister, this world will be better for you