Slavery

SlaveryFor centuries and backSlavery's been at treatIf you had servants and slavesThen you would be considered richNow we know it's wrongNeglecting rights out of rageMaking them feel like dogs in a cageWe know you've been taught no betterWe know you've been shown not to careBut now shouldn't you know better?Shouldn't you know better than to unleash your filthy dogs on Africans?Shouldn't you know better than to treat us with acrimony and atrociously? And shouldn't you know better than to suppress their values? We would like to thank all the Blacks out thereWho decided to carry on fightsWho chose to die for rightsAnd coalesceThere spirits bright in the nightNo shadows would give them frightFor they know they are bellwethersMagnanimous beingsAnd on Thursday February 1stTill the sunrise on Wednesday February 28thOur African Heroes are celebratedIn ebullient ways for these men and womenTheir acumen, charisma, and compassionTheir understanding and do-good This is our historyWe are proudThis is our cultureWe sing aloudBlack now, Black forever Peace20/11/17 

Fulahboy

We’ve been told a heart is fragileWe’ve been taught a heart is not as strongWe’ve been shown a heart is just softBut boy were they wrong? Every beat you makeFeels steady and calmYou gave me a chance to have a lifeAnd taught me to love and shareYou gave me feelingsLike a guitar melodyWhen I strumIt goes through hail and through the snowIt feels the sprainIt feels the pain It feels the trouble though it doesn’t showWe’ve once been told a heart can be hecticIt cracks, it breaks, it’s just too patheticBut no matter what it came a long wayIt pumps and pumps day by day A heart is powerfulIt resists any struggleA heart's a muscleIt’s brave it’s wonderfulNot many know it but it’s a true blessingTo have one withinA heart is a gemMy heart, you’re mine todayI know that you’ll be gone tomorrow What do u want to sayA big bright beautiful pearlA heart is a warriorFierce, savageIt refuses to stop, it pushes through the damageBe thankful for the giftBefore away it drifts