Slow Down

Slow down, don’t get ahead of yourself! Slow down, don’t get ahead of yourself! Slow down, don’t get ahead of yourself; you are running before mastering walking, walking before mastering crawling, missing vital steps that would strengthen  you but in such a hurry thinking that I have to move, move, move, and the slightest fall cripples you.

Thinking that life will become easier the faster you run, now you’re doing to much just to get ahead, not knowing that you are nothing more than a fly trapped in a spider’s web, entangling itself deeper into the enemies plans; unaware of the anticipated and expected end. The End? Could this actually be, all because I find myself in a state of being in a hurry?

People would say that hurrying brings forth results, progress, and activity, keeping me busy so I don’t have time to fall over into misery, trouble or mischief, while contemplating if I’m going to sleep with this one, or that one, or should I move on to another; not knowing that you are busy being busy just like Martha, who didn’t take time to sit at the Master’s feet, thinking that I must be busy, gotta be busy, then wake up and found yourself getting done getting busy.

Not knowing what brought forth this demise, stumbling in the dark as the wicked do because the light hurt their eyes, the light being the word that the Bible speaks and when it speaks, the words used are the best; especially where it said, “Don’t be anxious!”

Don’t be anxious, doesn’t that sound ironic, when we posses drugs like speed and chronic, or having kids the ages of twelve and thirteen, coming up fornicating or lusting after women or men and jumping into adult situations like it’s a buffet line, a line full of life’s challenges; getting caught in the act and once done yells, “Thanks for the snack.”

When did pornography, drinking, smoking, having a baby, become toys for a child, leading them into destruction, hurt, bruises, and despair, while hiding the truth behind a smile; be anxious for nothing is what the Spirit says or find yourself running on empty with your soul half past dead, all because you couldn’t wait to lie down in that bed.

That bed filled with spiders and snakes, and waking up wandering why it seems like you’re always being raped; everywhere you turn, you’re being misused, only accepting invitations that leads to being abused, but be not anxious says the Spirit, rather pray and seek the Lord and you won’t become a misfit; for we all have a place in the will of the Master, but be patient and wait your turn, and you won’t miss a trimester.

Kingdom living is not about who runs the most, but about him or her who takes time to count up the cost, royalty is in your blood once you decide to let the will of the Father be done; so whatever you do, and whatever you seek, remember that this life is not about running the fastest trying to collect multiple blessings, but be ye still and remove the anxiety, knowing that God holds nothing but the best, and remember that God said, “Be not anxious.”