Stockholm Syndrome

You used to be the one I went to when I needed a shoulder. You used to be the one I thought of before I closed my eyes. You used to be the one I sang to when I sang out loud. Now those things are all gone. I wanted all of those things for the rest of my life. I was naive and I thought that we couldn’t age. I dreamed of it. That was a lie. I’ve never dreamed of you. You told me that you have dreamed of me in compromising positions and you told me that I thought that would be a compliment. I’m sorry that you think that I want to be thrown away like that. I don’t want to be ravished, I don’t want to be looked at like you want to eat me. I just want to be told that I’m great for you, that I am the smartest girl you’ve ever known, the wittiest, the cleverest. You tell me that I’m insecure because I want to be appreciated for more than my womanly attributes, but you really don’t know anything now do you? You don’t care about anything but your collection. I guess I should stop complaining, I want to be okay with everything. I’ve got to learn to be okay with what you say and what happens because you’re not going to be here forever, now are you? 

You tell me that you want to live with me, then tell me to leave. You tell me that you want me, then talk down to me. I wanted you for so long, now I’m thinking I’ve got Stockholm Syndrome, do you think I do? Do you?

byrn0323

I'm awesome hahaha