Strange Isn't It

Strange isn't it?

The way we act so different behind closed doors when no one is looking.

We can become our true selves, let our colors fly

But why only when no one else is looking?

Is it because we are too afraid of being judged?

Is it because we aren't force to conform to a standard that will never be reached?

Why be yourself, when you can be someone else?

Just put on the mask and continue on with your day.

It's easier to create a face and a name, over being who we really are deep down inside. 

You can't get judged or hurt, when it was never you in the first place.

Strange isn't it?

The way we let medications define our lives.

We share the symptoms, express our pains and worries. Some even fake an illness, all for what?

The extra perscription? The raised dosage? A pill that means nothing?

This hunger, the one we all have deep down. It cannot be fed by pill after useless pill. 

It is simply using us, to make the coorperations bigger.

The pills are made to make us well again, but the companies just want the money, they don't care about us.

Strange isn't it.

The way this world is changing, 

People becoming colder, war becoming a common subject and everyone just turns away.

Things that are legal now, will never truly be accepted because people never change.

Everyone chooses a side, there is no more in between. You can no longer be yourself

This world is taking advantage of the dimwitted, and disregarding those who have what it takes.

Isn't it strange the way we are so quick to judge, but we can't handle the truth?

Isn't it odd how we just cannot survive without praise from others. 

It's 2017 and we need to change! 

If we all loved, showed kindness, and put aside our pride, this world would change for the better.

I't won't be easy, it will take time, but it can be done.