Survivor

Trear drops fall as i rememeber...

Every single bad situation

Being set up, abused, and beaten

Left to die while silently screaming..

How all i knew had turned against me

It was the blade that could console me

Cutting the pain away, it freed me

But this comfort was decieving

One day i woke up looked around me

Realized i didnt like that new me

So off away i sent myself

So i can learn me inside out

A year it took and i wont forget

That day i thought "i won't look back"

The day i became a survivor

Stronger and far more wiser

I now can find good within the bad

Helped teach me how to cope with being sad

How to turn negatives into positives

To be able to relax and live

Most important to be able forgive. (yourself) 

shirimarie19

I've been through enough in my life that i could give at least 10 situations that would have broke a adult apart. I survived, though i went through tough times. I've seen things i never wanted to see and have been though unspeakable hells. BUT one day in 2008 i realized that was no way to live. That i needed to get my head together and get back on track. I put myself into a psycward of a hospital where i eventually (after fighting for it) got sent to a long term place for  a year. I still did school there, i passed all my regents exams with great scores. And i graduated on time. Even after when i was faced with yet even more traumatizing events i remembered the lessons i have learned. And just take time to breathe and cry if needed. But learn from it and move on. Life is about learning and personal growth. If you battle depression remember you are NEVER ALONE! And there is always people who have it worse then you and they still strive to make it and be happy. No one has an excuess to not try to do well in life. And i don't mean as a job or money... but with personal inner peace. If you conquer yourself and find peace... no one can tear you down and matter where you go in life you will always be home!