The Text of Maternal Desperation

Sat, 10/15/2016 - 21:10 -- cwhit00

Tonight was never meant to end in a murderous fiasco of hate and pain.  I crouch by the bathroom sink in order to preserve what was left of my dignity and desperation. With each shriek of the gun I crouch lower, lower, lower until my tummy reaches the floor. I hear the monster's footsteps approach, each like a block of cement hitting pavement.  BOOM "Is anybody there?" BOOM "I will find you." BOOM "You cannot escape." BOOM The air of the club has turned from the sweet caress of twilight to the ravenous pinching of wolves lurking at night. My phone buzzes in my hand.My mother. At a time like this only a mother's hug could help escape this brutality Only a mother's caress could calm the beast that lives in nightmares Only a mother's love could make the world seem okay. With the clomping of the terrifying beast inching to me, I decide to text my mother, as she was completely unaware of the evil here.With each motion, I knew my time on Earth would be cutting short.  60 more seconds Mommy I love you 45 more second In club they shootin 30 more seconds Trapp in bathroom 15 more seconds Call police

5 more seconds

Im gonna dies Time is up. At least my mother would hear from me one last time.