There's No "I" in "Me" Anymore

Sat, 03/07/2015 - 00:03 -- garih

Filter, Filter on my Phone your ironic don’t you know You fix our pictures to please society, yet you hide our true reality I am energetic, athletic, and slightly poetic But social media only knows of me as photogenic We have the means to communicate with everyone But we hide our true identity to be part of empty fun By that I mean we put our ideas aside, we hide inside our social butterfly persona The reality check is telling us to snap out of this fabricated coma I struggle, but am working on my honesty Honestly, I’m dedicated motivated, goal-orietated My name is simply Gari, it’s rebellious by nature, challenging the grammatical ideologies of the dictionary The scary long words I just used are part of my daily vocabulary Being real ain’t that easy but it’ll really help if we’d forget malicious commentary All I ask is for you to be true to the world, let’s forget pretentious glam Cause thirty years from now, all those likes on Insta- aren’t gonna mean a –gram