A thousand Lives

A picture in a locket of a face trapped in, a memory of a life of stained finger prints. A tissue in a pocket torn from the sounds of a violin, another wound crawling in the skin your in. A voice with a tone of an olden soul, a preecher who never practiced the script she owned. A street soldier in a place where gun powder made, a victim of a tight tied shoelace. Sounds of cries interupted by laughs, scribbles in every section of a birthday card. A gaze from a stranger who wished on a star, a heart with a hole who became a bodyguard. A loser in room with a with a winning fight, a shadow in a montage of a thousand lives.I've seen you in a dream with the words in the skies, through each face I painted I've lived a thousand lives. I've been a part of many in the blink of each eye, with every path I've crossed I've lived a thousand lives. With each beat that played through every stereo type, the mood was set & made, I've lived a thousand lives.A youth with a lost mind in a playground brawl, a bully with a kick from a stolen ball, a lady & a rope with the habit to fall, a whisper in pin-yin that changed the thought.A sister in need by the sign in the street, a pigeon under a bridge with wet webbed feet.A hungry boy seeking the taste of meat, a mother searching for her child with no means to greet. A friend with a stretched hand, a candle that sparks at night, a chromosome that cannot be changed by a thousand lives.I've seen you in a dream with the words in the skies, through each face I painted I've lived a thousand lives. I've been a part of many in the blink of each eye, with every path I've crossed I've lived a thousand lives. With each beat that played through every stereo type, the mood was set & made, I've lived a thousand lives.A heaped pile of paper, numerals of a wish list, knuckles of a fracture in a ring with mitts. An empty cupboard closed, a half full pack of crisps, a headache that re-occurs by dust on a surface. A Window half open, a bottle with no lid, a view without the hills distorted by mist. A table with a chipped leg, An unopened gift, a blanket in a pattern of rips. A plant without water, four walls without light, in between these memories I've lived a thousand lives.I've seen you in a dream with the words in the skies, through each face I painted I've lived a thousand lives. I've been a part of many in the blink of each eye, with every path I've crossed I've lived a thousand lives. With each beat that played through every stereo type, the mood was set & made, I've lived a thousand lives