THUMP

ARGHH!!! Is the sound of my heart when I see the white man driving fancy cars because my life’s a mess and I don’t know where to start. ARGHH!!! I can see my emotions becoming dark, thoughts racing like Tony Stark, I’m trying to regain my balance, but the devil hits hard.

"If I’m alive then prove it! Life is the only dream that’s lucid! Can I challenge your perspective or will you lose it because you didn’t choose it? Will you keep your feet firm, kid?"

Another blow from below as he rolls down the window to whisper thoughts so cynical. Her eyes tasted like she was from the Loser’s Hole and only recently brought to the Winner’s Circle. What’s a beauty doing with a Steve Urkel?

"These thoughts will hurt you, burn and brand you like a brand new Gucci belt bought in the alley way after curfew."

The smoke from his Cuban cigar entered into a boxing match with her perfume. His shades must have been colder than his eyes because his perspective was of those who believe their legacy will never die, but that couldn’t compare to the will power she needed to keep hers dry, for she was only a pretty face and she knew it. If he challenged her perspective she would lose it because she didn’t choose it!

"Then who did? Was it the media? The Music? Commercials for the cruise ships? Or was it the social blueprint that forced her to believe her naked face could never be a blue chip? Maybe her parents thought too much face paint would only be a minor nuisance since every model used it and every picture looked perfect. It’s a shame she didn’t realize using cover up to cover up would lead to not loving herself enough. Still they have the audacity to put down the women who cover up. Enoughs enough!”

ARGHH!!! Is the sound of my heart because the worlds a mess and I don’t know any better place to start, but within. ARGHH!!! I can feel this rusted factory begin to THUMP like a steam engine with missing pumps built during the industrial revolution. My outdated values require restitution if I’m to make it out alive of this uncommon reunion with….

Life.

Isabella293

I love all the pop culture references, especially the "what's a beauty doing with a Steve Urkel?" I am guessing this is a spoken word poem, right? The way you wrote it just seems like it probably is. I enjoyed this poem. Keep writing.

thisispoetryproject

Yup! I'm really happy that you've enjoyed the read! Most of my poems are spoken word, some of them I have recored and others I don't have the time to record so I type them up. I appreciate the feedback, Isabella293! :)