True Story

Two things I can't deal with A broken heart and a new addiction The man I loved abused my trust And at the moment I got zannies in my system I'm just a young female trying to make it  In a world where if we don't got it we're going to take it  The world's colder than a man who got wrongfully convicted With a wife raising three bad kids who in a week will all get evicted I'm not oblivious to what's coming to me  See when I was young violence and theft was funny to me It was a game and I was on my last life Thankfully God picked me up before things got trife He put me in a cell where I had to face my own self I've been beat up before but this pain felt like hell Have you ever seen a stranger in the mirror Looking back at you, the equivalent of a demon figure I had nightmares of worse things than one can imagine But I never woke up because those events really happened See my struggle was a gift given from God himself Because now I'm a walking testimony teaching others it's okay to love thyself I could of denied God's love and remained on my path  But I chose to unbuckle my chains and wash my sins in the bath As the water drains I smile at the sky  Because of the man above I made it out alive..