Trust

What is trust? And why is it so important?We all learn from a young ageWho we can trust and who we can't Who will be there when we need themAnd who will not  be there when the time comesFor years people have been writing songs about itBut in the end it's up to us to decideLoyalty has a lot to do with it too You really can't have trust without loyalty Your loyal friends or relatives Will prove your trust is not wasted on them By being there when you need them The people you love and trust Will never betray that trustWill always be there if you need themSo give your trust with great careFor if you invest it wiselyIt will come back to you tenfoldThat is the greatest truth you will ever learn about trust Sometimes the hard way By trusting those peopleWho would betray you When they're  nowhere to be foundWhen you need a trusted friend to count onChoose those you trust with great careAnd they will never let you downA trusted friend is a rare giftTreasure them by being there When they need  you tooTrust and loyalty are a sacred bondBetween two people who share it equally So choose wisely who you trustIt will be it's own reward ©October 3, Jackie Newport