Trust Me

Sat, 09/26/2015 - 21:59 -- Drea720

I told myself I'd stop caring, but it hurts even more when I pretend that I don't.

I'm angry that it got to be her, and not me.

She got the first crack, and that crack became the rift that broke your heart, I think.

Now, I'll probably never get a chance with the person you used to be

Whether they were more loving, less mindful; I'll never know.

If that'd been me, you would've never known what that'd felt like.

Does that matter anymore to you?

The real question I guess would be "Will you ever let someone into your heart again?"

She didn't deserve to be let in, obviously, but the fact that we've had great times together doesn't mean we can't have more.

I think one day you realized that you had given me trust, and the last time you did that, you got hurt, so you took it away from me.

You can trust me with your trust.

Don't make me pay for the mistakes that I did not make, and don't blame yourself for the chances that you haven't taken with me yet.

If you hadn't have let her into your heart, would you realize a good thing when you had it?

I guess I'll never know for sure.

I can't promise that things would be perfect, but I'll be the perfect me.

I'm not sure, but I might even love you. Even I think that sounds crazy.

Isn't it kind of reassuring though that in this life, all you have to do is be yourself, and you'll be loved for it?

You'll be loved for doing what you see as doing nothing; what comes naturally: what you're best at doing.

Life is pretty great.

I'm sorry that happened to you, and I'm sorry I can't completely take away the pain.

If you let me though, I can show you how great and true love can be.

Trust me.