Urban Outsiders

Sun, 11/26/2017 - 11:39 -- m0n1

Do you know how it feels to feel alone? 

I mean, really feel alone, not just to call someone and they won't pick up the phone. 

Not just to be at home and hear a pin drop.

I meant to actually feel the chills crawl down your spine and hear the thoughts in your mind vividly raging like a sea of creatures or the rumbling in the bleachers at a football game. 

Do you know what to do when you can't tame them? 

You think you can't contain them, but hear me out when I say that you can change them because I do everyday as I remove a pair of socks or a shirt; wondering, which jeans would look better with this blazer? 

Blue eyes and brown eyes are stuck to the phones as we Google to resolve our next curiosity. 

We shoot a message to the next room where our brothers sit, and we call it a progression. 

I call it a depression and it's depressing to know that someone is alone and they feel depressed. 

It's depressing to see how the world is turning out, after all we had a beautiful start. 

So where do I start? 

We live the city life- lights, camera, action; apartments don't cut it, we all want a mansion. 

We lock the lonely out, they aren't welcome here. 

They're all outsiders and we don't want them here.

We call ourselves the in-group, get them out of here. 

But who's really outside? 

I thought the universe was for all of us to share.